A drip here. A drip there. That water can add up and do more damage than you might think. Not only does this lead to the hassle of getting it cleaned up, repairing any other damage and replacing any home items impacted, but it can get worse. In a day or two, that water damage could lead to a new problem – mold.
Mold is not something you want in your home. Once the mold starts, measures have to be taken in order to prevent it from growing and getting worse.
What to do after finding water damage
Understanding what to do once you’ve found water damage can be a big step in preventing future damage and bigger issues. If you’ve found a leak, see flooding or find evidence of water damage (wet walls, peeling or bubbling paint, or mildew odor), it is imperative that you call the experts at Paul Davis Restoration. It doesn’t matter how you received the damage, our experts can help.
Have you experienced any of the following?
- Leaking or frozen water lines or pipes
- Overflowing sinks, bathtubs or toilets
- Backed-up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machine or dishwasher overflow
- Heavy rain or storms
- Cresting rivers or streams
We can assess the damage and provide next steps, including mold removal.
Why you should be worried about mold
Untreated, mold can spread and cause problems for your home and your health. For the young and elderly, those with asthma or a compromised immune system, mold can lead to sneezing, wheezing, headaches, red eyes, and other respiratory issues. If you have someone in your home with these conditions and you have experienced any water damage, the likely culprit is exposure to mold. It’s time to get this cleaned up!
Minimizing exposure is critical
Taking action to prevent mold is a key way to minimize your risk of mold exposure. So what can you do?
- Create ventilation in showers, laundry rooms and kitchen.
- Control humidity levels.
- If there’s a flood, clean and dry your home thoroughly.
- Check for leaks throughout the year.
- Have an annual inspection to find any damage to your appliances and/or home.
- Repair leaky roofs, windows or pipes immediately.
- Call Paul Davis mold damage repair specialists for affordable mold remediation at 888-473-7669.
Once you call our mold damage repair specialists, we can start assessing the situation. Our residential and commercial mold removal services include:
- 24/7 Emergency response – on site and ready to help within hours
- Prompt mold infiltration assessment from trained professionals
- Industrial-grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove excess water
- Efficient containment of affected area and removal of contaminated materials
- Cleaning of contents and other personal possessions
- Application of disinfectants and antimicrobials used to help prevent future mold growth
- Sanitation, deodorization and air purification
- Assistance with the insurance claims process
Water damage won’t fix itself. Take action today and call Paul Davis, because This is no time for second best®.