With a large house to clean and take care of, checking for water damage probably isn’t on the top of your to-do list. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often found when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Call the professionals immediately if this happens to you. Your local Paul Davis professionals will come to your house to assess and restore any water damage in your house. You can take preemptive actions to prevent water damage from happening. All homeowners need be aware of how to look for water damage in your house.
How Water Damage Occurs
Chances are, there’s an appliance or two in your house that you rely on. Unfortunately, a malfunctioning appliance can cause unexpected issues in your daily schedule. Whether it’s your washing machine, refrigerator water dispenser, sink or toilet, any of these appliances can overflow and cause significant issues. When an emergency strikes, the water damage mitigation technicians from Paul Davis will arrive on the scene to mend any leaks and repair water damage efficiently. Count on us to repair water damage from:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Water Damage Can Be Prevented
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property knowing you could have stopped it. There are ways to prevent this. If you want to prevent water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Burst or leaking pipes can bring significant damages to your house. If you need water damage repair services, call Paul Davis at 888-473-7769. Our professionals will connect you with Paul Davis expert in your area. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to tackle whatever water emergency you have for us.