When you’re so busy cleaning and taking care of your house, checking for water damage probably isn’t on the top of your to-do list. Many homeowners have found unexpected water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. If this happens to you, it’s important to call the professionals as soon as possible. Your local Paul Davis professionals will be able to assess and repair any water damage they find in your house. But there are precautionary steps that any homeowner can take to avoid costly water damage repairs. All homeowners need to know how to check for water damage in your house, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
How Does Water Damage Occur?
Every house has an appliance we rely on. Unfortunately, a malfunctioning appliance can cause unexpected issues. Whether it’s your washing machine, refrigerator water dispenser, sink or bathtub, any of these appliances can leak and cause significant issues. Paul Davis’ professionals can fix any leaks and repair water damage that occurs in your house. The Paul Davis professionals can fix water damage from the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Preventing Water Damage
It isn’t uncommon for homeowners to find water damage on their property when it’s too late. In most cases, something could’ve been done to prevent it. Don’t let this happen. Do the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Your house can undergo serious damages from a leaking or burst pipe. If you need water damage remediation services, call Paul Davis at 888-473-7769. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your house as soon as possible. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to tackle whatever water emergency you have for us.