We all know how destructive fire can be in a house. However, many people are unaware of the other harmful elements of a fire. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by the smell of smoke and smoke soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. Experiencing a fire can have disastrous, deep-rooted effects both to your house and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why as fire restoration specialists, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us immediately, so we can lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your building.
Repairing Smoke Damage
Your home can undergo serious smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your AC to stop spreading smoke.
- To suck out smoke, position large fans towards open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge, while using a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. Paul Davis offers a variety of fire remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You’ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our fire remediation services. Our specialists are highly-trained in high-quality using the proper equipment for our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage removal costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.