We all know how destructive fire can be in a building. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that can be just as detrimental. Smoke odor can overtake building materials and personal belongings, while walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Experiencing a fire can have extreme and catastrophic both to your house and your family.
The specialists from Paul Davis understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why as experts in soot and smoke damage, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us immediately, so we we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damage to your building.
Cleaning Up Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. Closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your AC.
- To push out smoke, put large fans by open windows and doors.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge, while using a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of smoke removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the experts from Paul Davis. After we finish our restorations services, your building back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are specialized in effective using productive equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration specialists from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.