Fire can cause serious damage to a home. However, many people disregard the other harmful elements of a fire. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke and smoke soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can have disastrous effects on both to your house and your family.
Damages to your cherished keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why our fire restoration specialists are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately, so we can reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your house.
You Can Cleaning Up Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, turn off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to suck out the smoke.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create stains.
- Use a rag to clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. The technicians from Paul Davis all-encompassing fire remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the experts from Paul Davis. After we finish up our restorations services, you’ll have your house back sooner rather than later. Our experts are specialized in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire repair services experts from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.