Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, many people are unaware of the other harmful elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overtake building materials and personal belongings and your walls can be damaged by soot. Fires can have damaging effects on both to your house and your family.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand any damages to your cherished possessions can be disheartening. That’s why our experts in soot and smoke are here to help restore your damaged possessions. Each Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
You Can Repair Smoke Damage
Your house can undergo serious soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your AC.
- To fan out smoke, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings, while using a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item in your house that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. Paul Davis offers a variety of soot removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your house undergone smoke and soot damage? Turn to the experts from Paul Davis. Our smoke repair services will get you’ll have your house back sooner rather than later. Our specialists are highly-trained in effective using the proper equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning services, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration experts from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.