Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while walls can be stained by soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your home.
The specialists from Paul Davis understand that your precious keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why our experts in soot and smoke are ready to help. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
How Can I Repair Smoke Damage?
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to fan out the smoke.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Clean hard surfaces with a cloth.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge, while using a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
Paul Davis’ Services
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing fire repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your house undergone smoke damage? Turn to Paul Davis. Our smoke repair services will get you’ll have your home back sooner rather than later. Our specialists are highly-trained in high-quality smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire remediation services professionals from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.